Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Plans for the New Year

While I've never really been one for New Year's Resolutions, especially since they inevitably get broken within a few days, I decided to steal a page from a friend and talk about my plans for the next year. So, that being said, here are some things I'm looking forward to, and some things I hope to accomplish this year.


I'm looking forward to all the new things that my kids will learn. Zack with learn how to walk, and hopefully talk. Feed himself, and teach us even more about his little personality. I'm excited to see Maggie loose more teeth, and continue to learn to read on her own. I hopeful that Rod will get back into running, and find even more things that he enjoys in life.


My goals for my own life are scattered. I want to finally get the clutter and mess in my home under control. I want to finish some of the projects that I've started this year. I want to spend more time with my kids without feeling the pressure of all the things that need to be accomplished. I want to be a better wife and mother. I also want to show my kids how much Jesus loves them, and make sure they understand that in the deepest parts of their hearts.


Of course, there are some more practical things I'd like to do. Lose the rest of the baby weight, get a mammogram, and spend less money. But those things seem a bit easier to accomplish than the other list!

2 comments:

  1. Great thoughts Kristy! You have great goals and I know some of them are my own as well! Good luck; we can cheer each other on!

    ReplyDelete